Larsen’s Manufacturing Company began in the 1930s as a sheet metal job shop in Northeast Minneapolis. The company was founded by Walter Larsen, who came to the United States from Denmark.
When Walter Larsen retired in 1958, he sold the company to his close friend Bill Fudge. The company remained a job shop, but Bill Fudge had a new goal for the company. He envisioned the development of a product line belonging to Larsen’s, rather than simply making parts and pieces for other companies to
use in their products. In the early 1960s, Bill saw an opportunity to achieve his goal. He became aware of the existence of the market for cabinets that housed various types of fire protection and safety equipment. The Fire Extinguisher Cabinets in particular had traditionally been “heavy gauge hulks of steel painted grey, plugging a hole in the wall.”
In 1965, Bill Fudge made the decision to make a push into this market to the fullest extent possible. By 1973, Larsen’s Fire Extinguisher Cabinet line was so successful, the company was able to leave the job shop business, and has been manufacturing 100% Larsen’s products ever since.
Unsurpassed quality manufacturing for the building construction and fire protection equipment industries.
Over the years, innovations utilizing multiple materials, design options, and specialized features for specific applications made Fire Extinguisher Cabinets a true architectural piece of equipment. Larsen’s became known for consistently offering an unsurpassed level of quality across its entire product line, which now includes fire extinguisher cabinets, fire hose and valve cabinets, access panels, detention equipment, and marine industrial and fire equipment.
In 2016, Larsen’s Manufacturing Company became a division of Morris Group International. Combining the strength of Morris Group International with the quality of the Larsen’s product will strengthen our company while we continue to offer the same Larsen’s quality our customers have come to expect from our products.