PART 1: GENERAL
- Bidding requirements, conditions of the contract
and pertinent portions of sections in Division One of
these specifications, apply to the section as fully as
though repeated herein.
- Work under this section includes furnishing and
installing access panels.
- Related work:
- Section( ),openings in concrete.
- Section( ),openings in masonry.
- Section( ),openings in partitions.
- Section( ),openings in ceilings.
- Section (09900), painting; field paint finish.
- Submit product data under provisions of Section
- Include sizes, types, finishes, scheduled locations,
and details of adjoining work.
- Submit manufacturer's installation instructions
under provisions of Section 01300, 01340.
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Package, handle, deliver and store access panels at the project site in a manner that will avoid damage.
PART 2: PRODUCTS
- Manufacturer's Fire-Rated Access Doors and frames
to conform to U.L. and Warnock Hersey requirements.
2.02 MATERIAL -
Refer to manufacturer's
specification data for specific design criteria.
- Access Panels listed as follows as provided by:
Larsen's Manufacturing Company
7421 Commerce Lane N.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55432
- U.L. Laboratories: 1-1/2 hours rated for two hour wall systems, class B, heat transmission less than 250 degrees after 30 minutes, U.L. File No. R6402.
- Warnock Hersey: 1 hour combustible and three hour non-combustible ceiling/floor systems.
- L-MPG/L-MPSS: Multi-purpose access panel for use in plaster, drywall and certain ceiling surfaces.
- L-DWR: Designed for flush installation in drywall. Door pan is recessed 5/8" for drywall.
- L-DWC: Designed for flush installation in drywall surfaces, utilizing a concealed type frame.
Panel is flush with the wall.
- L-LCP: Designed to provide large access openings in drywall ceilings and walls.
- L-PSW: For use in plaster surfaces, concealed frame with optional plaster ground.
- L-APC: Recessed door pan with metal lath for plaster surfaces.
- L-CPA: Recessed 5/8" door pan for acoustical tile.
- L-DPM: Medium Security access panel for multi-purpose applications.
- L-DPH: High Security access panels for use in high security areas.
- L-DPFB: Fire-rated security access panels.
- L-XT: Designed for exterior applications.
PART 3: EXECUTION
- Furnish as necessary each access panel assembly manufactured complete with all parts ready for installation.
- Verify that wall and ceiling openings are correctly dimensioned to receive walls.
3.03 ADJUST AND CLEAN
- Install according to manufacturers instruction.
All Larsen's products are warranted.
Please contact factory for specific details.
- Adjust latch and lock mechanisms to operate smoothly.
Larsen's reserves the right to make engineering changes,
substitutions or other modifications without notice.